- 3 peppers (green, orange, red)
- 1 onion
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.), sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Fajita seasoning / Taco seasoning
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder to taste
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: Fresh limes, chopped cilantro, avocado slices or guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream*
*Lime Sour Cream recipe below
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set an oven rack in the top third of your oven. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Place chicken breasts onto a cutting board, and cut into 2- to 3-inch strips using a sharp knife. Marinate the chicken with olive oil and Fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut onions and peppers into 3- to 4-inch pieces.
- Place peppers, onions, and chicken onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Fajita seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle oil across the pan, and use Tip Top tongs to toss the ingredients until coated evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use tongs to turn the ingredients one-quarter of the way over.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in the pan the last 5 minutes to warm them up.
- Mop up excess juices with a paper towel and then add the tortillas to the pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Assemble your Chicken Fajita Tacos, top with your favorite toppings, and serve!
Lime Sour Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of ½ lime
- Zest of 1 Lime
Mix together sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest, then enjoy!